Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Little signs..

My coworkers planned a farewell dinner for me tonight which I really didn't feel like going to, but I was pleasantly surprised. They had a couple gifts waiting for me and they bought my dinner and margarita.. it was touching. It's the little things that mean the most... besides them and my family, I don't have "friends" where I live that are truly sad to see me go. Everyone looks for an excuse to booze it up and see you in the process; kill 2 birds with 1 stone. That's all it will be this weekend...and that's all it has been since everyone found out I was moving. Which is fine...because I feel carefree when I'm drunk, and I love everyone just as much as they love me for a couple hours :)

I came home tonight feeling overwhelmed as it is my last day of work tomorrow, and I found out we may have someone who may be interested in renting our house for 6 months...I have to make this house look presentable for him to come and see, and I have to cram that in with everything else. It looks like a bomb went off in here...even though a lot of things are packed, theres still a lot of things that aren't packed and scattered about until I decide where to put them. I took a deep breath and put on the Dane Cook comedy channel and started dusting (which was on my long list of things to get done). When I finished about 15 minutes later, a storm came in.. and a little voice reminded me of something.  I wished awhile ago that I would see a cool storm before I left town. It was then that I turned everything off, sat down on my floor, opened the window and watched the storm with my dog who was happy to join me. It was the most peaceful 10-15 minutes I've had in a long time. It felt like a little sign from God... telling me he's watching over me, and whatever comes my way, he will help me with it.  I said my "thank yous" and then moved on. That was the first time in a long time that I practiced being in the moment, enjoying it, then moving on. Why cant I do that more often??

1 comment:

  1. <3 I agree, we seem to move thru life so quickly and forget to enjoy the little things - like your storm! In Yoga this week, the instructor said the same thing...we're so worried about time, meeting deadlines, what about taking the time to go outside, close your eyes and listen to the sounds - birds chirping, dogs barking.
    <3 you ! xo

    ReplyDelete